Wednesday 27 February 2013

Reflections


At this stage, a reflection of the direction that this blog is going, is in order.

Although I started with fully appreciating the artistic merits inherent in zinnfiguren flat figures, and was primarily interested in using them centre-stage in dioramic displays, it is pretty apparent by now that the dioramic display is the endpoint here. I am discovering that, far from being fettered solely to zinnfiguren, I can create more personally satisfying dioramic displays either with or without zinnfiguren.

Lately, many of my boxed dioramas have been featuring picture cutouts which allow more latitude in terms of subject matter. What I appear to be pursuing for now is a hybrid artform of various traditional handicrafts - zinnfiguren, silhouettes, decoupage, pop-ups, toy theatre, shadow-boxes, paintings and so on.

I hope you have been enjoying the ride so far. Read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment