Monday 1 June 2015

Assyrian Scene 7

I readusted the height of the horizon downwards to make space to represent a moon and painted the background carefully to represent a night scene. I got this idea after watching a ballet production of Swan Lake. The background was painted in various blues with a red moon.



Buoyed by the background colours, I painted the architectural columns to represent various shading patterns, depending on the position of the moonlight. I then painted the ceiling, walls and floor in vibrant colours to match the background scene.



For the frame, I went for a wash technique to represent the Assyrian winged bulls in the wings. This was make or break for this diorama as these were iconic symbols and very prominent. The result was extremely pleasing to me and I am left to do the rest of the frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment